Andrew Berlin – On Transformative Leadership
Andrew Berlin is a creative, hard-charging leader who redefines the status quo to achieve amazing outcomes. His belief that anything is possible is evident in everything he undertakes.
In this fifth and final episode with Andrew, we have the unique opportunity to learn first hand the principles by which he leads his packaging distribution business Berlin Packaging, his professional baseball team the South Bend Cubs, and his life.
Being curious and wanting to learn, having an adventurous soul, embracing the journey of life, it adds color, perspective and new lenses of looking at problems and opportunities. Andrew Berlin
The results speak for themselves. Through Andrew’s leadership, Berlin Packaging which was once a traditional pick-pack-and ship distribution company has transformed to become the innovative leader and juggernaut in the industry with unprecedented and unmatched growth. Leveraging the same leadership principles, Andrew purchased a struggling professional baseball team and crafted the organization’s turnaround that makes the South Bend Cubs a role model of success through amazing customer experience and financial success.
There are lessons every step of the way that Andrew openly shares in this can’t miss episode.
In this 29 minute episode Andrew, Jeremy, and I discuss:
- Four categories of leadership – Vision, Work Ethic, Integrity, Voracious Learner
- The questions every leader must answer as they communicate their vision to the organization
- Why the 5 to 7 rule is important to leadership
- The role vulnerability and humanity play in effective leadership
- The first questions every CEO must ask before investing in a business
- The four top of mind issues every business leader must consider when taking on responsibilities to lead an organization
- The absolute importance of taking a strong inventory on employees and leaders in the company
- The secret of breaking through the tyranny of the urgent
The Show Notes
- Steve Jobs reminds us to embrace life
- Admiral James Stavridis UnleashWD Keynote
- INNOVATE! How Successful Distributors Lead Change In Disruptive Times
- Dirk Beveridge Speaking
- UnleashWD Innovation Summit
- Andrew Berlin 2014 UnleashWD Keynote – Immediately available to members of free UnleashWD Online Community
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Berlin Packaging Podcast Series
- Episode 1 – How Vision, Fantasy, and Execution Grew Berlin Packaging From $69 Million To $1.43 Billion
- Episode 2 – Berlin Packaging Proves That Distribution Can Be Sexy: How To Build A Profitable Business Through A Culture Of Mutual Obligation
- Episode 3 – How Berlin Packaging’s Obliterates The Self Inflicted World Of Sameness Most Distributors Are Trapped In
- Episode 4 – How Berlin Packaging’s Business Model Has Returned Over $250 Million of EBITDA Back To Their Customers
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here