As Joe Nettemeyer, president and CEO of Valin Corporation migrates the company to the future, he begins with two questions: “What do we stand for? What is our purpose?”
In a world where most distributors are trapped by sameness and commoditization, Valin stands apart with its value proposition that is captured in the statement – Helping You Achieve Your Goals.
That means identifying where their customers struggle and how Valin can help them overcome the struggle. It’s not easy, it requires thinking. And it requires commitment.
“You have to find ways to empower people, to provide a differentiated experience.” Joe Nettemeyer
The Valin value proposition is about organizing the business in a way that that they help people meet their goals of progress and accomplishment. It is a unifying purpose that adds real value. It’s more than handling one transaction efficiently, or saying nice things on the phone.
And true to this value proposition – this purpose … Joe want to help you achieve your goals with what he shares in this amazing conversation.
In this 38 minute episode Joe and I discuss:
- Why distributors are trapped in a world of sameness
- The dangers of mimicry and why we must create value outside of product
- Creating sustainability in the future through a compelling value proposition
- The growing role analytics will play in delivering value
- Helping customers (and suppliers) achieve their goals
- Why you look to do the tough things
- Why you must deliver more than the right product, at the right place, at the right time.
- Adding value is a team sport
- Voice of the Customer – Beyond platitudes
- The need to define what you stand for
- The dangers of lifestyle businesses
- The role millennials will play in redefining your value proposition
The Show Notes
- Valin Corporation
- Valin Corporation featured on Discovery Channel series “Innovations”
- Q&A With Joe Nettemeyer in Industrial Distribution Magazine
- INNOVATE! How Successful Distributors Lead Change In Disruptive Times
- Dirk Beveridge Speaking
- UnleashWD Innovation Summit
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Joe Nettemeyer Podcast Series
- Episode 1 – Average Is Over – A Call For Innovation
- Episode 2 – Culture Is The Great Differentiator – From Me To WE
- Episode 4 – Business Model Innovation (August 3)
- Episode 5 – Transformative Leadership (August 10)
* Links will be provided when each episode is published
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here